En tiempos de crisis: ¿Qué hago desde mis redes sociales?
During these times of uncertainty and isolation, perhaps as an entrepreneur you have wondered what will happen to your business and your customers. Faced with the spread of the novel coronavirus in Cuba and the world, many establishments have closed and, as such, cancelled or postponed meetings, or readjusted the corporate purpose of their work.
But how can you invest this time in your business? Undoubtedly, one of the best and most efficient tools that you have to hand are social networks. In this first Online Entrepreneurship section, we discuss the importance of social media as direct communication channels between businesses and their public. Today, we look at the importance of accompanying your clients even during this crisis.
Worldwide, there are 1.6 billion people using social networks, and over 64% of Internet users have social media accounts, according to the real-time statistics site, statista.com.
That means this is the perfect moment to accompany them and reinvent yourself as an entrepreneur. Take advantage of all this time to undertake opinion polls on your products and services, and work on the basis of your clients’ demands.
Focusing your messages is the first challenge, and you must bear in mind that each social media platform uses different communicative codes. You must adjust to each, but always maintaining your identity.
Here are some simple tips:
- Join the popular wave of “challenges”, creating versions that advocate your brand and raison d’être.
- Use the survey tools that social media such as Instagram (stories) and Facebook offer, and gather opinions with the aim of creating things for your audience in the short, medium, or long term.
- Get users to participate on your social media accounts, publicly recognize them and let them know you are there for them.
- Post images that offer encouragement, be they memes created by you or other users.
- Promote good hygiene practices, which are so necessary right now. You can use any of your social corporate purposes as an entrepreneur to this ends, if within reach.
- Create videos, speak to your followers, and show them the team working for them. The Facebook Live or Instagram Live functions are very useful for direct and live dialogue with your followers.
- Pay attention to tags or hashtags that are being used widely and include them in your posts. You can also create similar ones and encourage your followers to use them.
- Use social media to create support networks in your community and help the sector of the population most at risk, who could need your products.
- Expand your services. Create WhatsApp, Messenger o Telegram groups to offer them directly to people’s homes.
Show your clients that the barriers are only physical, that you can be just as close as you are separated. Take advantage of the moment, venture out and grow.